Cod with green pea sauce
|Difficulty:||3/5||Price:||10 - 20 euros|
|Prep.time:||10 min||Ready in:||30 min|
This is a very typical recipe originally from the Basque Country that combines the soft flavours of the cod with the one of green peas. A light dish with a lot of vitamines, perfect for lunch or dinner.
Dish type: Fish
- 800 g cod fillet
- 300 g green peas
- 150 g white asparagus
- 100 g flour
- 18 g parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- olive oil
How to prepare
- Mince and stir-fry with olive oil the onion for 3 minutes. Slice the garlic clove, add to the pan and stir-fry both for 2 minutes more.
- Dip each cod loin in flour and add to the pan. Add a little bit of water and stir without moving the loins (so as not to break them). Cook for 5 minutes more.
- Boil the peas for 5 minutes than add them in the pan along with the water until it covers half of the loins. Season with parsley and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Turn the cod loins and add more water to cover half loins again. Cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add the asparagus and cook for 5 minutes more.