Gnocchi with Gorgonzola sauce
|Difficulty:||1/5||Price:||5 - 10 euros|
|Prep.time:||20 min||Ready in:||20 min|
Italian cuisine is famous for their pizza and pasta, and for us, the best pasta ever is the gnocchi. I guess it is the combination of the flour, potatoes and eggs, the special shape or simply the 3-4 little stripes they press on every single piece of pasta. Whatever it is, it's magic.
Dish type: Pasta
- 200 ml milk
- 100 g bacon
- 100 g gorgonzola al mascarpone
- 1 onion
- 1 kg gnocchi
- olive oil
How to prepare
- Wash and cook the potatoes for 20 minutes, than drain, peel and smash them in a large bowl. Add the flour and the egg and knead the dough util it gets a bread-like texture.
- Separate a handful of pasta and on a floured surface form an 1cm diameter cylinder. Cut it in 1,5cm long pieces and form every piece of gnocchi one by one. With a fork push one side of every gnocchi to create the typical 3-4 stripes.
- Put 2 handfuls of gnocchi in a large pot of boiling salted water and wait until they rise to the surface. Put them in a bowl and pour some olive oil on them so as to avoid the pasta sticking together. Repeat the process a few times until all remaining pasta is cooked.
- Meanwhile cut the onion into little pieces and stir-fry it with olive oil. Add the bacon and cook together for 5 minutes. Add the milk and when it starts to boil add the gorgonzola, too. Keep on cooking on low heat stirring it continuously until the cheese melts. Add the sauce to the gnocchis and serve immediately.